Universal kettle control system, suited for all types of kettles
The CasCade Kettle Manager: your kettle process in your fingers
- Modern and user-friendly operation with touchpanel
- Suited for both new and existing kettles (upgrading/refurbishment).
- Customized with your own company logo and service address
- High reproduceability with computer controlled recipes
- Integrated HACCP registration
- Flexible and universal design, your kettle can grow with your process needs. Existing kettles can be updated with new software to enable new functionality
- The software is designed in such a way, that you select the desired options during the installation process. Lateron this can be changed in the service menu.
- The software itself is standardized so you only need 1 piece of software for all your different kinds of kettles.
- Ideal system for revision and updating existing kettles
- DIN-rail mounting for easy install in existing control panels. The touchpanel only needs the modbus communication cable (supplied) and 24VDC power supply for operation. This enables flexible installation in existing controls.
- Standardized & tested control system that is in use for many years in various kettle systems.
- easy recipe editing: just touch what you want changed and enter new value
- memory for 100 recipes with 10 steps each
- programmable waiting step for adding extra ingredients (i.e. herbs/spices) between steps
- recipe file can be loaded/stored from/to USB stick for easy copying to other kettles
Available functions & options (various options can be enabled or disabled during installation phase)
- The control can be delivered in a 3.5″, 5.7″ and even 7.5″ touchpanel
- Memory for 100 recipes with 10 steps each
- Each step can be programmed:
- core-temperature sensor
- waiting step (i.e. extra ingredients adding)
- Quickstart function (immediate start heating and mixer motor, no process steps)
- Load/store recipes to USB-stick as CSV file
- Adjustable countdown of programmed steptime:
- start countdown immediately after reaching step temperature
- time only counts down when temperature is inside a programmed temperature band around setvalue: guaranteed time at certain temperature
- HACCP registration with CSV file export to USB-stick
- Multilanguage support (English, Dutch, German and French languages)
- Manual in Dutch language
- Electrical heating with solid state relays or normal electromechanic relay
- Double-wall heating/cooling with steam valve and icewater valve for automatic cooling down
- Wall temperature heating with adjustable maximum
- Wall heating can be switched on/off by operator to enable production of a small amount of product without too much heating capacity.
- Automatic filling with solonoid valve and digital pulse counter (liters/pulse adjustable during installation)
- Core temperature sensor for automatic process switchoff after reaching end temperature
- Mixer motor control with frequency inverter. Speed and direction adjustable per process step incl. rotation direction.
- Kettle tilting control with frequency inverter or spindle motors
- Lid control with frequency inverter or spindle motors
- Cleaning mode for mixer in extra slow rotation mode. With password protection.
- Automatic error detection with unique error codes for easy reporting of certain errors: enables easy analysis and quick service to the equipment.
- Password protected extensive service menu for support of the service engineer (all signals visible and, when allowed, operable). Some errors can be (temporarily) bypassed with a special password. After power cycling the equipment these bypasses are reset and all safeties active again. Maximum temperature safety cannot be bypassed.
- Can be operated remotely with smartphone/tablet/windows PC
Standard delivery CasCade Kettle Manager
- Color touchpanel (1 piece) with standard Kettle Manager software application
- DIN-rail mounting 4 channel measurement & control module (1 piece)
- DIN-rail mounting 8 channel digital input/8 channel digital output module (2 pieces)
- 24Vdc power supply
- RS-485 MODBUS communication cable (specify length at ordering)
- DIN-rail mount pulse counter module (1 piece). Only needed when you want to use automatic filling with pulse flowmeter (i.e. IFM SM8000 with 24Vdc digital output)
- DIN-rail mount 230Vac or 400Vac solid state relay/thyristor for driving electrical heating elements (specify power/voltage/current and type of heating element, we have an extensive range of power electronics)
- Pt100 or type K thermocouple temperature sensors (many sizes possible incl. custom-made sensors)