Programming in advanced mode: up to 16 ramp/soak steps
Select profile from database
The HeatManager Connect can be programmed with profile database of up to 100 pre-programmed and editable profiles. So no need to re-program all the channels of the HeatManager every time: just select the desired pre-stored profile and go! This is handy for recurring heat-treatments on the same (or similar) workpieces.
- editable in the HeatManager Connect
- profile database transferable between HeatManager Connects via CSV file on USB stick.
- max. 100 profiles stored in flash-memory inside HeatManager Connect
Program ramp up/down or soak step
- up to 16 ramp-up, ramp-down or soak steps programmable
- programmable in °C/hour or ramp up/down time
- auto hold function for holding programmer during temperature deviation:
- programmable in each separate step
- upper and lower deviation adjustable in each separate step
Profile preview after programming for quick check & verification
After the programming of all the steps has been completed, a preview of the programmed profile is always shown by the HeatManager Connect so the heat-treater can quickly verify no programming errors have been made.
In case of programming errors: just go back, correct it and check again.
Programming in easy mode: ramp up, soak and ramp down profile
The HeatManager Connect can also be programmed in a much simpler way with the easy mode:
- just 1 ramp up, 1 soak and 1 ramp down segment in the profile
- in easy mode only channel 1 can be programmer. Channel(s) 2 – 6 are either:
- slave (of channel 1)
- fixed temperature setvalue
- unused (no function)
The heat-treater can switch between the advanced and easy mode, when all channels are stopped.
Please note, that our other HeatManager, the HeatManager Pro can operate in easy mode for all 6 or 12 channels. Click on the button to go to the HeatManager Pro page.
On the fly switchover of channel configuration
Imagine channel 1, 2 and 3 are set to a fixed temperature of 300°C and you wish to switch -on the fly- to channel 1 set to programmer (following a profile) and channel 2 and 3 connected to channel 1 as slave(s).
Go to the channel setting via the menu. The HeatManager warns that there are already channels running.
- change the channel configuration (set channel 1 programmer and ch2/3 slave to channel 1)
- select the desired temperature profile for the heat-treatment.
And you’re all set: the HeatManager Connect continues running as a programmer with the selected profile in channel 1, and channels 2/3 connected to channel 1 as slaves.
Enter workpiece and batch related data before starting a heat-treatment
Before starting a heat-treatment, information regarding the workpiece and the heat-treatment operation can be entered by the heat-treater. This information will be stored together with the temperature registration inside the HeatManager.
This feature can be selected on/off incl. the need of entering this data before a channel can actually start with a heat-treatment.
Multibatch feature: keep set of workpiece-related data and temperature measurmement CSV files together with unique batchnumber
An unique feature of the HeatManager Connect is its so-called multibatch data registration. Every time a channel starts the heat-treater must enter a 5 digit unique batchnumber and the set of both the temperature measurement and the corresponding workpiece related data (entered above) CSV files are stored inside the HeatManager Connect under the entered batchnumber. Every time a new channel starts a new unique number must be entered.
As an example we started another channel while channel 1 was already running (with entered batchnumber 00001), now before channel 5 is allowed to start, a new unique batchnumber must be entered.
This function can be selected on/off.
CasCade Reporter: combine workpiece & temperature measurement CSV data files into report
After (or even during) the heat-treatment (i.e. cooldown phase) the CasCade Reporter retrieves the entered batch information and temperature registration from the HeatManager (also from a remote location i.e. the central office). With just a few clicks this information can be converted into a report for the customer.
The CasCade Reporter can be used to monitor multiple HeatManagers at different locations at once.
Optional digital outputs controlled by temperature measurements
The optional digital output module can be used for various functionality:
- control status of output contacts depending on temperature deviation:
- welders’ light (green: temperature ok, welding allowed, red: stop and wait with welding)
- switch burner on/off (controlling of the heat-demand signal)
- control status of output contacts in case of alarms:
- temperature deviation alarm (i.e. sticking Albright relay contact)
- broken thermocouple or polarity error signal
Select option DO when you want to add this feature to your HeatManager Connect.
Optional heating element current monitoring module
With the optional heating element monitoring module the actual current going through the heating elements is monitored.
The channel is switched off automatically by the HeatManager Connect, when:
- the current exceeds the adjusted limit
- a short circuit is detected (current flowing with not-activated control output)
Select option CT when you want to add this feature to your HeatManager Connect.
Maintenance free thyristormodules to replace Albright relays
The Albright contactors can have welded contacts (with unwanted rise of temperature during a post-weld heat-treatment) and need maintenance over time.
To create a better solution, CasCade developed compact 6 channel 136A 480Vac thyristor unit modules, to replace these Albright relays with a more reliable and rugged solution that needs no maintenance.
See this link for more information:
– Revo SX 6x 136A 480Vac
HeatManager Connect ordercode
Information and manuals
For the heat-treatment technician operating the HeatManager
For the heat-treatment unit builder and service technician
Specification of all HeatManager Connect features:
- 6 channel control and optional 6 channels extra for recording only
- profile database, no separate profile programming per channel needed (just select from list and go). All 100 profiles are contained into either 1 binary file (unreadable) or 1 CSV file (8″ touchscreen only)
- manual profile programming in either easy mode (only channel 1: ramp up/soak/ramp down) or advanced mode: 16 separate ramp up/soak/ramp down steps (all channels)
- running profile can only be changed by changing the master profile in the database
- channel configuration: programmer, slave of a programmer, fixed temperature setpoint, unused or recorder (only advanced mode)
- on the fly switchover of channel configuration possible while executing a profile. For example: 1st set channel to fixed temperature setpoint (for welding). Lateron, switch the channel to programmer or slave to a programmer. And/or other channels to recorder. This can be done on the fly while running.
- auto hold programmer: when actual temperature of the programmer, or one of the slave(s) deviates more than allowed from the desired temperature: the programmer is halted until the measured temperatures are within the adjusted limits. Then the programmer continues. This function can be enabled or disabled for each separate step in the profile. For each step the allowed deviation up, and deviation low, can be adjusted.
- batchwise temperature registration (separate CSV file per heating)
- adjustable temperature measurement interval
- temperature registration storage in battery backup memory with buffer exporting to either SD-card/USB stick on command
- batch-related work-piece data can be entered by the user before starting. This information is stored in a separate CSV file together with the recorded temperature
- remote quick & easy report generation with the free CasCade Reporter tool (FTP connection to heatmanager) with customer logo as watermark on the registration
- multilanguage operation switchable by user (English/German/Dutch)
- remote operation via smartphone/tablet/windows PC (note: Apple devices require a licence for Pro-face app)
- can also work as a very reliable and accurate temperature recorder
- standard 8″ touch screen
- standard available as OEM (separate parts for integration in heat-treatment unit)
- control output type: standard potential free relay contact 250Vac 3A (resistive load). For electromagnetic contactors (inductive loads) extra control relays are advised
- wide input range power supply: 100-240Vac 50/60Hz
- industry 4.0 ready remote operation/monitoring possible with Modbus TCP interface. This enables easy integration into existing systems. The modbus TCP address list is available on request.
- 4 or 6″ touch screen
- HeatManager built inside rugged stainless steel housing in RAL colour to your specification
- control output type: SSR/4-20mA/0-10Vdc
- parallel temperature registration on our cloud based LogOnline server
- digital output module for extra functionality (switch on temperature deviation, burner start/stop command, alarming)
- current measurement module for heating element current monitoring and broken heating element detection
- TAU filters for protection of thermocouple inputs
- remote control router with/without wifi and with/without ethernet switch
- calibration certificate
- 6-way 136 Ampere/480Vac compact thyristor unit